Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Not-the-best-idea kind of moment


So when dad picked me and Nick up today, he offered for us to go for "a nice little walk in the woods". I obliged, thinking it couldn't hurt. Well, after we finished doing the geocache, (if you don't know what that is, go to geocaching.com) we had to cross a stream (of course, it was a tad deeper and wider than I would constitute as a stream, it was more like a mini river.). None of us liked the other's ideas about how to cross it, so we all tried our own. Nick shuffled across a fallen down log, which I decided against due to the fact that my clutz-y ness would probably have me soaked from head to toe in a matter of seconds. Dad hopped across a small line of slippery rocks, which again, I would be underwater in two blinks of an eye. My way still got me wet, but at least that was because of my control. I rolled up my jeans, removed my shoes, and grabbed a stray stick for balance. Then I slowly stepped into the ice cold river. Carefully grasping me stick and my shoes, I waded deeper and deeper into the area I thought was the shallowest. Wow, I thought, good thing it's not winter! Man, I tell you, I thought my feet were gonna fall off by the time I dropped my stick, paused for a photo, and scurried up the bank! P.S. click the photo to get a better look at it!

1 comment:

Katherine Battey said...

Wow Hadley nice one not the smartest thing that you have ever done