Monday, September 1, 2008

Words can't describe this irritation...













I never thought such a thing was possible... I was reading Breaking Dawn and playing with a penny I had found. I went to turn the page of the book, and dropped my penny. It landed on it's edge, precariously perched in just the right posistion. I laughed, and showed dad and Nick. I had created a monster! Nick and I practiced for about half an hour. The highest anyone got was 15 pennies! FIFTEEN! But dad pointed out that the grooves on the placemat were probably holding the penny's poisition. He stated that it was most likely impossible to do it on the polished table surface. Sure enough, Nick and I proved him wrong. After Nick got his fifteen pennies, he gave up, but I wanted to prove I could make twenty. I made twenty...then fourty...then sixty... Dad was amazed! We all were. Everything was dead quite while I concentrated.  When they had to pass the table, often some pennies fell. In fact, once Nick knocked 21 of my pennies. I managed to get them back up though. We had to eat lunch in the kitchen because I didn't want to make the table shake. I was finally at eighty after lunch. Just one more row and I would have 100!!!!!! Nick, being very careless, stomped across the dining room without thinking and BAM!!! All 80 pennies went tumbling to the floor. FOUR HOURS OF WORK FOR NOTHING!!!!!! Needless to say, I'm still not really talking to him...
The first photo is my eighty successful pennies, and the other is after Nick's egghead event, the third is looking down the row of pennies when I first started, this shows how the pennies are perched.

No comments: